Friday, June 12, 2009

Blog 7


Crete might be in some ways still a third world country but there are two aspects where it is bang up to date – dentistry and opthalmics. The equipment in surgery and clinic could not be bettered. Not that the ophthalmologist, trained in the good ole US of A could do anything for the eye other than examine it and it would seem the black covering cloud is gradually diminishing. However, as it is still difficult to focus properly and the eyes tire quickly so that I spend minutes with them shut, nothing of interest, consequence or import has been done for the last three days and consequently there is nothing for me to write about so to-day’s blog ends with the hope that in a couple of days time the eye well have cleared completely. If not then I have lost some sight in the right eye. The brain scan was quite interesting come to think of it. Evidently, according to Doctor Elizabeth, I have the brain of a young man (if that is the case why words escape me so often I cant imagine) but some slight calcification at the spot where the ophthalmic nerve starts is most likely the cause of the blindness. I now have a drug to hopefully disperse that. We shall see – no pun intended.

No comments: